ABOUT SDS GLOBAL LOGISTICS
A History of Success Based on Personal Service
SDS traces its roots to 1943, when it was founded by John Racioppo as a local trucking company. The business was subsequently incorporated in 1974, and in 1976, Mr. Racioppo called on his son Tony to run the business. Tony worked hard to grow the business by carefully following the service-oriented, customer-first philosophy that his father instilled in him.
In 2013, SDS joined forces with Need It Now Courier, making it one of the largest privately held logistics firms in the United States.
Tony Racioppo is still active within the business but it is the team he built that now makes SDS the best in the business. The current management team has many hundreds of years of combined experience and the business continues to grow both organically and through strategic acquisition. SDS has added business segments, acquired quality organizations that had the essential synergies necessary to enhance the core business and built up an enterprise with talented people, modern equipment, strategically located properties and state of the art technology.
While the delivery service industry has experienced many changes throughout the years, one thing has remained constant—SDS is on the leading edge of customer service practices. SDS is dedicated to providing their valued customers with the best delivery and logistics service experience possible. And they have staked their name and reputation on one thing—PERSONAL SERVICE!
The SDS mission is to bring superior value to its customers by providing a broad range of quality logistics solutions that are cost-effective and trouble-free. The value provided is driven by a skilled and energized team, focused on the customer.
Historical Highlights of SDS:
- 1943—John J. Racioppo begins servicing his first account in Downtown Manhattan
- 1974—Security Delivery Service, Inc. is incorporated
- 1976—Tony Racioppo named President of Security Delivery Service, Inc.
- 1982—SDS purchases its first building in Long Island City, NY
- 1984—SDS purchases its second building in Long Island City, NY
- 1989—SDS creates its Domestic Logistics Department
- 1990—SDS creates its International Logistics Department
- 1999—SDS named Small Business of the Year by the industry
- 2000—SDS purchases International Mail Distribution
- 2000—SDS purchases LANE Trucking
- 2001—SDS purchases its first warehouse in Newark, NJ
- 2004—SDS purchases its second warehouse in Newark, NJ.
- 2005—SDS purchases D & I Cargo Express
- 2006—Security Delivery Service, Inc. is renamed SDS Global Logistics
- 2008—SDS purchases Global Delivery Systems
- 2009—SDS acquires D&M Express
- 2013—SDS joins forces with Need It Now Couriers